Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surrendering through awareness

Living life as an intense male has its ups and downs. I get to play all over the world, I have endless energy and strength, and life becomes a game in the physical world. On the other hand, I get hurt, don´t understand subtle communications, and am constantly running in high gear.

Today I hiked deep into the canyon behind San Marcos. I followed local foot paths and skipped on rocks up the river. The scenery is absolutely epic. Surrounded by lush jungle, gushing waterfalls, chirping birds, blooming flowers, and looking back on a shimmering lake surrounded by volcanoes and mountains. Spending the day in silence reminded me of how fast my brain works. It wants to do something always, nonstop. It doesn´t even mind going over the same thing over and over again. Sometimes, my brain acts like a spinning record on repeat. Extremely frustrating.

Walking barefoot has helped me to stay present and keep my brain focused on the present moment. When my mind wanders, I stub a toe or slip on a rock. Quite simple. Perhaps this is why I have loved intense sports my whole life: they force me to be 100% in the moment.

Women tend to surrender quite easy. It happens many times in relationship, and this sometimes leads to the woman losing herself or merging with her partner. A woman´s ability to surrender naturally opens her up to the spiritual realm. For when we surrender and let go, our being is filled with synchronicity and bliss. Since I am a fiery male, I have had a tough time surrendering to anyone or anything. In fact, most of the time I have one hand on my sword ready for the unexpected. I am ready to let this go. I am ready to surrender. No expectations, no fear.

I go into the darkroom in less than two weeks. I am doing my best to prepare, mentally, emotionally and physically. I am excited to be by myself, to stretch, meditate and refresh my being. Physically, I am strong and healthy. I am eating mostly raw and staying conscious to my body´s interaction with the food that I am eating. Emotionally, I am doing my best. When I am surrounded by lightworkers, I am in bliss. When I go to the woods, I face the pain in my heart and ask my sweet mother earth to take it. All in all, the 2012 shift is happening, and it is all inside of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment