Thursday, October 18, 2012

Magic

San Marcos is filled with Magic and wonderful people. Walls are painted with vibrant colors, shops filled with beautiful mayan artists, excellent fresh fruit and chocolate everywhere, happy children skipping through the streets dribbling soccer balls or trying to make a buck, travelers with open hearts and wide smiles, laughing, music, hugs, and lots of love. Not to mention the deliciously green scenerary. I wake up in the morning to the sun rising over the volcano as it illuminates the mystical lake Atitlan. In the early morning, we chant Sanskrit mantra with our hostel mates, then a 3 hour Hridaya yoga class begins. During this time, I have found playing the Ukulele, working on my Spanish, and nurturing my soul with chocolate has been perfect for me. Adventures are never ending here as travelers with excited bodies and minds are coming through and ready to explore the bounty that surrounds us.

Yesterday morning I met a wonderful soul named Wayne. He served in the military and served as a "horse" professional poker player in Las Vegas ( literally being backed by investors to play poker 24/7). Somehow, he escaped the dark hole of Vegas and made it into the woods, oceans and mountains. His soul was refreshed and recharged. He had awoken. On this morning, he stood before me wide eyed, radiant, and grinning with two space cookies in his hands.

Needless to say, the adventure had just begun. We jumped on a boat across the lake to San Pedro in order to meet with a group of 8 travelers. They rented a house together for the month right on the lake. The friends met a local Gringo named Bruce who shared an interesting story with them and promised a workshop on this very day.

There is a sunken city in the middle of Lake Atitlan. According to local Mayans, it is an Atlantian city marked by a massive pyramid. This year, the rainy season was dry, but the lake rose an abnormal amount. When my plane landed a few days ago, I was greeted with an earthquake. It was the second one here in just a few days. All these are signs, according to locals, that the city is rising once again! Now, Bruce has apparently been in contact with these sentinent beings.  Through meditation, he left his body, went under water and shared dialogue with spirts of the lake. Like a little child, I skipped through the streets of San Pedro in excitement for the ceremony that was waiting us!

Meanwhile, Wayne and I dove into a deep conversation about prescence. So often human beings become robotic. It is very obvious when people travel. With one hand on their lonely planet, earbuds plugged into an iPod, many travelers are always talking about "what is next."  I am as guilty as the next person, and I am trying my hardest not too look into the future, rather, enjoy the moment that I am in. The future will be waiting for me when I get there! Along these same lines, we discussed "expectations." As humans, we label everything as good, bad, neutral, etc. Usually, if we think something is "good" for us, then it serves us in a positive way. If we beat ourself up for something we have been programmed to think as bad, it becomes negative. I am certainly guilty of creating expectations, especially most recently in my previous relationship. For some crazy reason, I had an idea of what I should be and what she should be.  Living in this way is stifling and does not allow for creative flow or unique interaction. Trying to fit into some mold that was shaped by our ancestors makes no sense. The time is now. Be you. Be love.

As we walked through the peaceful streets, I realized how light life is when you do not expect anything from it. We are all blessed in one way or another. Let us live in our truth and bath in the beauty that is everywhere. I am over trying to define myself or to fit into society. Spirit is infinite, colorful, loud, crazy, loving, peaceful, intense, calm and it flows through each and every one of us. Let it flow however it needs to flow to resonate with earth and to create harmony with each other. We are all a beautiful orchestra of angels on earth; grab a drum, some spoons, a stringed instrument, a horn, whatever and let us make beautiful music together. We have so much potential.

We arrived at the house on the lake and were greeted by one-eyed pirate Chaz. Tattooed on his right peck is a pirate ship and his eye was blasted out by a landmine in Afghanistan. Such a grounded fellow. We sat down for a chat and I noticed the massive pirate flag blowing in the wind. My heart fluttered because the night before I dreamt of my pirate flag. Was the life of a pirate possibley in my destiny cards? I grabbed a drum and found the beat of the earth. Spirit flowed through me and I began chanting in all different Native tongues and banging on this drum. I watched intensly as a Mayan family swam with their beautiful black lab. Giggling as the crazy Gringo sang his heart out, the little children splashed and lived in innocence.

The vibrations were high, but extremely wierd. Me gusta mucho! The house mates arrived and were all bright eyed, long haired southern california brothers. We exchanged hugs  and bienvenidos. All were planning on going up to Palenque for the Rainbow Gathering  but staying on the lake for now. Bruce arrived and we gathered for the ceremony. Now, I thought we were going to be traveling etherically under the lake, or helping the city arrive, but that was not what happened. We basically got in a chi gong stance, grounded our energy, then helped partner ground their energy and spiral each chakra. Most everyone was unfamiliar with grounding, chakras, and kundalini energy. I was biting my lip throughout the workshop because I always had something to say, but I held myself back since it was Bruce's workshop. Another sign that I need to be teaching, otherwise I am going to go nuts.

Wayne and I left the workshop a bit early to grab some food. Both of us were a bit disappointed, and we immediately realized what we did. We "expected" something from the workshop, and it did not happen. Lessons will continue to be repeated until they are learned. I believe Einstein once said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." This is the pattern humanity has been stuck in, but we are breaking it now. We are waking up. Let us be aware of every breath, for Pavan Guru is our greatest ally.

I was able to take advantage of the beautiful yoga space at the hostel this morning. I woke to an incredible Kundalini set to help me "withstand the pressure of time." I highly recomend that set, I beleive it is in a level 2 manual if you have one. My good friend Anna joined me toward the tail end for partner acro yoga and a little bit of flying. I feel clear, grounded, and ready to go with the flow of the universe. I am in San Pedro now, and was just measured for a custom pair of leather beaded shaman boots. Sufi, my cacao shaman, is celebrating her birthday tonight with a fire ceremony, flower teas and pot luck. I love this place and all the people that live here. Come join if you'd like. We are waiting with open arms, hugs, and lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment