Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kauai - The Garden of Eden?

Onward we march. The days continue to roll as each breath passes. Do I choose the ecstatic bliss of the moment, or follow the program of fear which is so deeply seeded in my bones? As I awaken to the true potential of presence, I put my head down in submission. For I do not know any better. Right or left? Right or wrong? Who am I to say? As my being empties my brain and body of waste, life become more fluid; moving in and out with the tides, gracefully sliding through river rocks, always refining, not ready for stagnation, blessed to be on this journey.

Finishing two novels, Iron John and Spirit Bear, helped to shape my mentality as I prepared for Kauai and Alaska. Both epic stories of manhood, coming to grips with nature and all the elements, finding peace within oneself, overcoming hardships in order to merge with truth, and rites of passage. Since the western civilization has raped and pillaged indigenous tribes and ritual, we are left with an alienated/isolated culture that is shitting all over the earth. We barely remember how to wipe our own ass, let alone plant a garden to feed our children. We have lost precious information during the mass executions of many of our greatest medicine people. In our current system, teachers are programed to create drones/robots/industry workers. We are no longer MEN and WOMEN. We rely on technology, we worry about everything, we poison ourselves, television and cell phones have become more important than face-to-face relations, and we are burning up precious resources. Today is a grim day.


Connecticut sapped me of energy. I sat in many circles of friends & family and observed the high-speeds in which we all live. While someone tells a story: a friend is tweeting about a football game, someone is playing Angry Birds, another is texting her boyfriend, on the wire bets being placed, and I stoke the fire. My ego wants everyone's full presence. If I am here, please be here too! Time is precious. Traveling gives me incredible perspective on the pace in which some people choose to live their lives versus others. I have not met anyone yet that I fully agree with. I feel that we are all stuck in limbo. It is wonderful that information is can rapidly be transferred with a few brain cells firing and a small movement of the finger. It is also wonderful to sit naked on the earth with no sound. Where do we go? What do we do? Do I take part I take part in this society moving towards technology dependence? Or do I unplug myself from the matrix? Hmmm Neo, I want the best of both worlds, the blue and the red pill.

I left Connecticut with the feeling that I no longer want to be responsible for answering my telephone. I do not want to pay state taxes when I do not have a residence in a state. TSA searches my bags: they stick grimy, plastic fingers in my green powders searching for explosives, and they haphazardly tear through my check on while leaving my machete unsheathed and ready to rip through my belongings. I am tired of being treated like a prisoner. All I want to do is camp in the woods, walk barefoot, pick fruits from trees, swim with the dolphins, help propagate the mycelium kingdom to heal the earth, teach children secrets of magic, dance and howl with the wolves, hibernate with the bears, and share sweet love with a divine Goddess. Society has taught me to fear the depth of the woods. Not only do "beasts" lie there, but so does the taxman, waiting to ticket the next hippie trying to get a free ride in the woods. Take the poor man's money and give it to the army - it's the American way! Yay Uncle Sam! You did it!

Tie leather straps to my ankles and hang me upside down. Swinging in the pine forest, bound to this never-ending existence, mish-mash sounds of song birds and motor cars, healing winds remind me of hope, in grace with tears of heaven.

Laura Love picked me up at the airport. I was welcomed into her home and invited to stay for the night. Kauai smells of Island lush and moist valleys. Ancient mountain ranges, blanketed with green forest and an ocean filled with divine intelligence. The fungus kingdom called to me early this morning and I stumbled upon many "prized" species of edible mushrooms. After a mid-morning yoga class with a 60+ year old British teacher, I took off to Sleeping Giant Mountain. Moving to the tunes of the Hang drum, Life presented its grandeur to me. Intricate carvings found in rocks, vines weaving through canopies, mud squishing between toes, grappling lava rock, forests of Bamboo/eucalyptus/pine, strong chestnut horse with white heron perched on his back, tangerines falling from many limbs, and a moment of peace.


Tomorrow I will help Vince, a proud new owner of a 2 acre plot on the foothill of Makaleha, build a cabin for him and his sweetie. In return, I will camp on his land for the time being. A short walk away are multiple fresh water springs and many trails open for exploration. I will make it to Koke'e park and Waimea canyon soon, and then to the Napali Coast. If you "google map" Kauai, I will be in the green. Laura Love will store my Alaska gear (thank you!) as I open to the unfolding of my path and destiny.



As we move closer to the light, remember, We are One.


1 comment:

  1. Many dreams of building the wilderness village with YOU soul brothers & sisters. During Golden Bridge i found 4 flowing springs in griffith park. My wildness grew as that liquid flowed in me. Laura love contacted me for Matt & Angela's skill share wedding in Oregon. I shared natural building & agave cordadge making. This happened just after 09' graduation where i met Luna @ this raw food ceremony. Then moving to Orcas island & doin a raw food camp meistro @ Bullocks permacultre farm. We are all sooo connected as one. Cheers brother. I love you.

    ReplyDelete