Monday, November 5, 2012

Into the Womb of Darkness

Blessings!

Since my last post I have been on an absolute journey. I have connected deeply to my ukulele and the land of Lake Atitlan. Playing music in the sunshine, singing, dancing, making fire and plenty of ceremony. The past two days have been filled with hiking and raw food in preparation for my dark room experience.

My good buddy Garrett hiked up to a waterfall in the valley next to us. Probably crashing down about 60 feet, this waterfall filled our souls with purity, beauty and bliss. Behind the waterfall was a large cave, a home for a family of birds. Climbing into the dark cave gave me a taste of what lay before me...

Yesterday we hiked up to the San Pedro Volcano. Absolutely epic. The trail was maintained surprisingly well. At some point, we entered into a totally different realm of existence. The most vibrant green I have ever experienced. Moss and lichen covering enormous trees, ferns and other wild plants growing on trees and covering the floor of the rainforest. The views of the lake and surrounding volcanoes was breathtaking. It was a wonderful way to send me off to the darkness...

Tomorrow I enter the Dark Room for 11 days. I am anticipating the moment when the door closes behind me and I am left with only myself, a ukulele, a drum, rose water and essential oils, and few pairs of clothes. Arpi and Arjuna, the hosts of Kaivalya Yoga hostel, are going to take great care of me. Feeding me twice a day, I will eat papaya, pineapple, watermelon, avacado, and seaweed. A light diet to keep my body in a state of healing and awarness. I will spend my time in yoga, meditation, music, chi gong, Reiki, and chanting. My repetoire of different practices copious and I am excited to see what unfolds.

My intention is to reconnect with my true being. Somewhere on my journey down to earth I forgot who I am and where I came from. Entering the Dark Room, for me, is going to be like entering back into the womb of Mother Earth. I will walk out to the rising sun in 11 days with a fresh perspective on life, with less attachment to people or things, and an understanding of my own subtle energy. My heart and breath are my greatest teachers and I am remembering to listen to them.

All my prayers and love to you all. Sat Nam, Namaste, Wahe Guru!

No comments:

Post a Comment